Let's raise our voice! More abilities for 1.0 Characters!

Re: Let's raise our voice! More abilities for 1.0 Characters

Postby semerien » Sun May 10, 2015 12:41 am

Asking them to fix stuff that you bought for 1.0 and make it viable for 3.0 without having to pay for it again... well, that's almost as bad as a cash grab.

And you can't argue that the new mickey has a whole new move-set so that's not a cash-grab, but then call re-tooling vanellope and giving her completely different combat abilities and super moves a cash grab. That just...makes 0 sense. That's pretty much EXACTLY what the new mickey is.

I think it's incredibly generous of them to keep supporting the old generation toys in the new platforms. I can only imagine them scratching their heads and muttering about the fact that they still let the players use their first version toys in the third version of the game, yet that's just not good enough for some people.

rank_500_ftb_10
semerien
Main Console: PS4
Disney ID:

Postby Stitch » Sun May 10, 2015 1:00 am

Not sure why this is so controversial.
If I payed fifteen bucks for all figures in 1.0, I want my money's worth!
It is unfair if I payed ao much money and they become obsolete compared to newer versions.
If we don't get them updated, then they were waste of characters as we never got to truly use them.
If we never get them updated we will never use Buzz or Woody like they were meant to be.
I personally think that is bad because now they are just characters with useless powers. If you want your money wasted, fine. But I want my money well spent and so I have signed this petition.

@mightygitis I honestly do not see the issue. Change.org is used for a multitude of things, it is not meant for one specific thing. Heck, a friend of mine started a petition on there to get big fig venom into LEGO Marvel super heroes, and Arthur Parsons (TT's game director) replied saying they would work on it because so many people had signed.
Now, venom can become his big fig self and it is thanks to my friend making that single petition and all of its supporters.
This might not be a big deal to others but it is a big deal to us. This is not misusing change.org.

rank_1500
Stitch

Postby Doc Jump » Sun May 10, 2015 1:00 am

Completely different combat abilities? She doesn't have combat abilities in the first place.

rank_750
Doc Jump
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Postby Cellsai » Sun May 10, 2015 1:04 am

Someone mentioned crowdfunding the characters to have new abilities.

Crowdfunding stuff in a Disney game.

The company that literally bought Star Wars.

uhh... no. No I would not crowdfund something for them.

Everyone is saying we should be grateful for what they gave us with the expanded skill trees for 1.0 characters in 2.0, and that's true. It's a neat addition to them, but it obviously pales in comparison to the rest of the figures. If this was a standard $60 game, then yeah, I wouldn't except much forward compatible or consistent support between games. Everyone needs to remember this is not an ordinary game. Big players of this game have easily pumped $400+ into each version of this game, so it's kind of understandable that we expect more from it. If 1.0 figures did not work in 2.0 there's not a chance I'd have bought 2.0.

rank_250
Cellsai
Main Console: PS3

Postby Sheriff Woody » Sun May 10, 2015 1:08 am

^ @semerian as Disney Infinity was actually supposed to be both forward and backward compatible, read this topic from january 2013 for more details, i don't think asking for the 1.0 characters to have upgrades is too much to ask.

Sheriff
Sheriff Woody
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Vidia » Sun May 10, 2015 1:11 am

Wow, that is quite a big thing for them to have promised and then failed to deliver on. Has anyone asked them about that since?
Team "Bring Padmé To Disney Infinity"

rank_750
Vidia

Postby semerien » Sun May 10, 2015 1:11 am

It's kinda funny how far on other sides of the fence people can be. I am completely not trying to be offensive so if I seem that way, I apologize.

I've worked for big companies before, perhaps this is why I have my point of view. But you want your money's worth for a 1.0? Did you not use it in 1.0? How are they a waste of character you never truly got to use? You used them in 1.0 exactly how they were designed to be used. Buzz and Woody were designed for 1.0, and were designed exactly how they wanted them to play. Would/could they play better in the newer engines? Sure they could. But there's no economical sense in that, seeing as your not going to buy another character because they did it.

The fact that you can still use them in 3.0 is pretty cool in my mind. At some point with the vast figure count, it would make a lot more economical sense for them to just not support the oldest version of character in the newest version of the game. But I have a feeling they will continue to support the whole compliment of them.

edit: Thanks for the article Sheriff. I see they reneged on the backwards compatibility but I don't see anywhere where they claimed they were going to upgrade every version of character. They just said forward compatible. You can use the character in 3.0, so they did what they said, no?

rank_500_ftb_10
semerien
Disney ID:

Postby Stitch » Sun May 10, 2015 1:32 am

If they ever just up and left older versions, I would leave the game series.
Spending hundreds, heck thousands now, on content and then knowing it will not be supported in further installments?
No. I am sure many can agree that the Toy Story characters were not given the justice they deserve.
The characters in 1.0 are indeed a waste in my opinion. I would have rather had Toy Story be 3.0 characters if it meant that they would be treated with actual skill trees and hard work in their developing. It was a lazy move, giving them all pixar balls and NO special abilities.
Woody without a lasso? Buzz without a laser? You might as well not even call them woody or buzz. I see your view but we are the consumer and with enough support we will get what we ask, just as John said. It will not affect the development or number of future characters as Disney can easily hire another team. Disney is a multi billion company, and Infinity is a huge cash cow for them. If they have to hire yet another team, they will.

rank_1500
Stitch

Postby Calysto » Sun May 10, 2015 1:36 am

Interesting how some just dismiss other's people suggestions and problems with the game as something irrelevant. Do we have here people with "better" opinions than others?

For those that ask if we got our money's worth of the 1.0 figures. I would say, yes and no. For some figures that is definitely the case but not for others. Someone who bought, for example, Jessie and Woody, they got two figures that are exactly the same except for a different skin.

If they will not upgrade the 1.0 then they should just state it and assume the consequences/comments of the fans. Continuing like this is just toying with customers until they stop caring and leave the game.

They can't upgrade all the 1.0 characters in 3.0? Ok, just commit and deliver to half in 3.0 and the other half in 4.0.

rank_250
Calysto
Main Console: Xbox 360
XBL ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements, Rules and Information