What do you think about where you live?

What do you think about where you live?

Postby Nibelilt » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:00 am

This is just something general to chat about... I noticed lately how loud it always is where I live(especially since I'm sick, and I have fairly strong hearing if I say so myself), and I was curious what everyone thinks about their town/city, wherever they live! Do you enjoy it and does it fit your desires?

Anyway, no, mine really doesn't. Yes it's plain and it's not really particularly dangerous, but fails to fit too many of my hobbies. I draw, I read, I play video games, I'd like some quiet and focus. My town is always very noisy to me in some way or another and even after all these years, I can't manage to tune it out. Plus, even though we have a supermarket, it is just filled with fashion stores along with a couple of food stores, and having tried them I can say I only enjoyed the foods one store offered. We are also very "disconnected" from the current, we often get things late and nothing exciting much happens here, and the Internet sucks. There is no active gaming community, it is nonexistent, the only hint of it is an EB Games chain. The primary schools are great and filled with nice kids but the high schools are very "cold" and "isolated". Lastly, the weather is terrible. It is blistering hot in summer, it is wet and then dry like crazy in autumn, it is freezing in winter(coming from someone who loves cold weather and the rain), and there are lots of bugs in spring, which has the best weather of the seasons otherwise. It is not a bad place to live at all, apart from one incident last year(which has given me harpaxophobia...), it is fairly safe, but it is not great and does not manage to do anything special either. I will praise stores at our shopping center for having kind service- but this is true for most places in Aus. Likewise, the neighbors are nice... But rarely interact with one another.
- STEEL YOUR BUTT -

Left DIF: bluntly, non-Infinity topics feel soulless

rank_1250
Nibelilt
Main Console: Wii U
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Re: What do you think about where you live?

Postby KyletheCartoonist » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:24 am

What a great time to post this, I'm in the middle of moving. :lol:

Anyway, Calgary is kind of like the New York City of Alberta.
Generalities aside, my neighborhood is a pretty bad place. I live down the street from both a bar and a liquor store, so there is always a fear of being outside during later hours of the day.
And the way my parents taught me how to be home alone, I also developed a harpaxophobia, along with Achluophobia, Acousticophobia (only when alone or in the dark), and Arsonphobia, just to name a few.

A bit off topic, somebody look up Apeirophobia. It's kind of funny, considering what the fourms are about.
Not dead, just busy. :)

Lotso Transitron
KyletheCartoonist
Main Console: Xbox 360
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Postby Sheriff Woody » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:22 pm

^^ @Nibelilt that is a very traumatic description of Game Central Station, Litwak's Arcade :shock:

Sheriff
Sheriff Woody
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby thedisneyfanatic22 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:30 pm

Arizona stinks for the most part. In the summer, it gets up to 120 degrees all the time. In the winter, it's a little cooler, but we rarely do we get rain, except for the monsoon season. And, it is a huge teaser living right next to California. I'm so close to getting to go to D23, but not going to happen.
A business is like a giant clock
All Things Disney YouTube Chanmel

Lotso
thedisneyfanatic22
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:

Postby Nibelilt » Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:35 pm

@Sherriff - All part of the job :lol:
- STEEL YOUR BUTT -

Left DIF: bluntly, non-Infinity topics feel soulless

rank_1250
Nibelilt
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Postby Dr. Turtle » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:31 pm

It's really hot but also really rainy where I live so it's... meh, I guess.

rank_250
Dr. Turtle
XBL ID:

Postby toops » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:48 pm

@thedisneyfanatic22
i grew up in california but have lived in AZ the last 14 years and i can't wait to leave :P summer is not fun here. it hurts to go outside.. and then in the 'winter' all the really old people flood my town because it's not cold.

rank_deputy_etch
toops
Main Console: PS3

Postby killa-bunnah » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:16 pm

London (Near Croydon to be specific) is awful...the weather sucks, everything is expensive and some of the people suck... :lol:
"The world is haunted now" - Tyreese, The Grove

rank_250
killa-bunnah
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Postby Modeltrainman » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:37 pm

California, close to Sacramento. D23 is expensive and far away...
Avalanche Software is the best game dev!
Avalanche's #1 Fan

Lotso Rex
Modeltrainman
Main Console: Xbox One
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Return to the Mad Hatter's tea party