Challenge Maker

reference guides detailing the actions, parameters and properties of Disney Infinity creativi-toys
when posting please show examples of how each is used and how they are linked. more than just a description of the toy is needed. ideally show a video.

Challenge Maker

Postby semerien » Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:59 pm

Challenge Maker

Description: A challenge maker is used to create mini-games in your toy box. Using this creativi-toy you can easily mold the challenge to the rules that you want players to follow and how you want scoring to work.

Properties:
Auto-Start on Toy Box Game Load - (on/off) When this option is turned on this challenge maker will automatically start when the Toy Box Game is loaded. Note: The game must be saved as a Toy Box Game for this option to work. See Toy Box Game Maker.
Results Score Label - (Defeats/Gates/Enemies Defeated/Points/Time) This option sets the label that will be displayed when your score results are shown at the end of the challenge.
Results Rank Order - (High to Low/Low to High) This option will change whether the player with the highest score wins or the player with the lowest score wins.
End Location - (Current Location/Locator/Challenge Maker) This option will decide where your character(s) end up after the Challenge Maker is done.
Quit Toy Box Game when Ended - (on/off) If this option is on then when the challenge is completed the Toy Box Game will automatically close. Note: See note on Auto-Start
Game Start Countdown - (on/off) If this option is turned off, then the 3,2,1 Go display at the beginning of challenges will be turned off.
Title - (Text) Enter a title to name your challenge. If there is a leaderboard created for your challenge, it will reference this name.
Description - (Text) Enter a description to let players know what to expect from your challenge.

Locator Connections - These connections will allow you to set the start positions for Player 1,2,3 and 4. It will also allow you to set an end location for when the challenge is completed.

Time Results Connection - Attach this to a timer to use time to determine which player has won the challenge.

Score Results Connection - Connect this to a scoreboard to use the scores to determine which player has won the challenge.

Inputs:
Start Game - This input can remotely start the challenge. It will act the same way as a player standing on the Challenge Maker.
Complete the Game - This input tells the Challenge Maker that the player has succesfully completed the challenge.
Game Failed - This input tells the Challenge Maker that the player has failed the challenge.
Log Player 1 Completion - This input is used to tell the Challenge Maker that player 1 has completed the challenge but there are other players still competing. This saves Player 1's current score (time) for when the challenge is finally completed.
Log Player 2 Completion - See above
Log Player 3 Completion - See above
Log Player 4 Completion - See above

Outputs:
Invites Accepted - This trigger is sent right after all players have accepted the invite(s) to this challenge.
Started - This trigger is sent right after the 3,2,1 Go message is displayed.
Game Ended - This trigger is sent regardless of whether the challenge was won, lost or aborted. It occurs immediately after the challenge is ended.
Game Completed - This trigger is sent if the player succesfully completes the challenge. This trigger fires after the player completes their celebration.
Game Failed - This trigger is sent if the player fails the challenge. This trigger fires after the challenge failed animation.
Results Closed -This trigger is sent after the player closes the scoreboard results screen.

rank_500_ftb_10
semerien
Main Console: PS4
Disney ID:

Re: Challenge Maker

Postby jkhouw1 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:46 pm

As was just pointed out to me, if you want to have a global leaderboard on a submitted toybox you need to do the following:

Ensure you have one and only one challenge maker
Ensure you have a ToyBox Game Maker toy on the level.
WIth the toybox game maker, you need to ensure it is enabled. I'm not 100% sure if the toybox is saved as a normal level, but you have some trigger that enables Test mode on the game maker if that will work. The game maker should be auto-enabled if it saved as a toybox game

I have yet to get a working leaderboard as I found this out too late, but my next submission will have the CM, TbGM, and saved as a toybox game and I'll see if that works. (I'm not going to manually turn on test mode on the game maker).

rank_100_ftb
jkhouw1
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby MightyGitis » Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:07 am

@hkouw1 To have the global leaderboard it must be saved as a Toy Box Game. Enabling test mode on the game maker works for other things but unfortunately not for leaderboards.

rank_2000_ftb_10
MightyGitis
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby jkhouw1 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:26 am

@mightgitis - can there be only one challenge maker in the entire game? Even if you have different levels?

rank_100_ftb
jkhouw1
Main Console: Xbox One

Return to Disney Infinity Creativi-Toy Guides