EP 57: CoinOpTV and Ninja Theory

weekly episodes of Disney Infinity news, reviews and interviews for Disney Infinity Fans all over the world
DisneyInfinity.tv is the video and audio podcast partner of DisneyInfinityFans.com

Re: EP 57: CoinOpTV and Ninja Theory

Postby hoodoo » Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:30 pm

I agree that Disney's characters have more appeal because as soon as you see Elsa or Mickey in store, you have a cognitive connection to the character. You don't have to learn who they are at all. With Skylanders no one knows who the heck Voodude or EyeBrawl is, but they do have still have appeal. Kids love them (I mean come one, you can leave a flaming bag of poo behind you as Hot Dog). So while the characters may never have Disney status the games themselves are still very solid, well made games. I would definitely recommend them to anyone who enjoys playing a good game (and frustratingly challenging at harder difficulties).
A dad, a husband and a gamer.

rank_250
hoodoo
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Elmo STM » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:28 pm

This isn't a skylanders/infinity debate however :p skylanders doesn't appeal to me personally but can see why people like it. Infinity is perfect for me :)

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby crocko33 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:33 pm

As a huge Disney fan, Infinity will always be tops to me over Skylanders, but I do think Skylanders is a really good game.

And from my perspective, here's the argument FOR the unique Skylanders characters (and this is taking into account the way kids think versus adults) -- when my kids play with Disney Infinity characters, they have fun with them and treat them as the characters they are. When they play with Skylanders characters (characters they have never met before), they use their imaginations to come up with whatever stories/backgrounds they want for these characters. [In fact, they like to drive me nuts with explaining which Skylanders got married and then which other Skylanders are their kids...] Gotta love kids and their imaginations.

rank_100
crocko33
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby SandyClaws » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:23 pm

^This is the most adorable story ever! I miss so much not having kids(yet). I'm sure my wife would look at me funny if I started explaining backstories of my figures.
Please subscribe to us on iTunes or Stitcher Radio, and Youtube

Disney Infinity TV

Chatter
SandyClaws

Postby Infinityfan » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:46 pm

^^ Lol and Lol to both of you! :lol:

rank_2000_ftb
Infinityfan
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby Elmo STM » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:41 pm

Only kids do this? . . . yea I'll stick to that story :p lmao got to love their imagination, none myself but my niece always has amazing stories for figures.
At least when I have kids I can use that as an excuse to get more figures haha

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby crocko33 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:02 pm

The kids have much better imaginations then me. So, to fit in....they give the backgrounds and then I'll do some funny voices and dialogues between the characters based on my kids' stories. They never seem to get tired of my made-up funny voice stories.

Their all-time favorite is when I do my Princess Leia voicemails.

rank_100
crocko33
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Previous

Return to Disney Infinity TV - watch live or download later