Any strategies for Vault Spins?

any gameplay related general discussions that are not questions or help go in this forum

Re: Any strategies for Vault Spins?

Postby J_Skellington » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:38 am

Well it was worth a try! Too bad we couldn't work around the system a bit, would have been nice. I'm sure there is something someone will figure out that we haven't tried yet.

rank_50
J_Skellington
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Kelleytoons » Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:36 pm

Yeah, if someone more clever than me (which is pretty easy) can figure out something else to do I'll be happy.

In the meantime I was going through my lists and it's interesting that NONE of the Creativetoys nor Action toys (the only two types that actually "do" something) are available anywhere except the vault. Neither are any rails, and only a very few track items. So unless all you want is pretty scenery you really do need vault stuff, and exclusively.

There are 60 or so action/creative toys and rails (if you don't want rails you can get by with 50). If my math is accurate that means to have a fairly high rate of success at getting all of these means you need no fewer than around 160 spins, or at least 10 characters. However, you could easily need more -- 20 would assure even the most unluckiest person of getting all the "good" and needed stuff for any real games.

Since I know I'll buy buying more figures than that all would seem well. Except... Disney can screw up the entire works by releasing more toys in the vault. In other words, THEY can "game" the system by flooding the vault again with cra... um, things that are less than useful for real toybox designs. I can definitely see this occurring. My only hope is I get the good stuff before it happens.

rank_250
Kelleytoons

Postby UDflyer00 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:19 pm

The vault is very addictive... i've gotten almost all of the big items I've shot for. I was lucky on launch night the Epcot Ball was on the first page and I'd accumulated 9 spins and on that 9th one I finally got the Epcot model!!! I've tried to get the park items and the Tron ones. I do a lot of shuffling though like people say to get the number of items i'd like to outweigh the number of items I would like, but not high priority. I need to win the Rhino guard because he appears on almost every one of my shuffles!!! haha
UDflyer00
XBL ID:

Postby Kelleytoons » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:27 pm

There's a huge difference between getting one item you really want (and I want Spaceship Earth as well :>) and trying to get 60 or more with only so many spins available no matter what you do.

I really think this is the one HUGE mistake Disney made with this game -- making ALL the creativi-toys, rails, action toys and *most* of the track pieces available only in the vault essentially means there will be no creative Toy Worlds designed using all that could be done. And those worlds could have driven a lot of other folks into the game deeper (and wanting more stuff, which is what they are all about). As it is I suspect there will only be a small percentage of folks like myself who want the programming tools necessary for more games (and less just "pretty" toy boxes. Of course, I want that as well, but without the gaming aspects how attractive anything is is moot).

Oh well, we'll see how well I can do in my own spins.

rank_250
Kelleytoons

Postby ntnon » Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:58 pm

rank_500
ntnon
Main Console: PS3

Postby Kelleytoons » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:53 pm

Actually, I think I posted here that it was my mistake about the vault. There are indeed around 500 items, but they are grouped into clusters so you can get them all with 150 spins or so (which if you include all the spins you can get in other places other than leveling up, means you can do it all with about 6 or 7 figures).

Spins per character are 15 (for each level) as well as one spin for each mastery adventure they complete (the unique ones to that character). Then there are the "extras" available to all characters (well, they can only be gotten once, but by any character).

rank_250
Kelleytoons

Postby harrypottar » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:10 am

There have been lots of ways to gain spins posted.

In the master adventure you get a spin for every high score broken. Dash for example where you have to dodge the balls, first go dodge enough balls to get the bronze award. This will set the high score at the time, now replay and dodge the previous amount plus one then get hit. You won't win an award but you will get another spin for breaking the high score. Keep repeating just dodging one more ball than last then getting hit, each time breaking the high score you get a spin.

The other easy way is to load one of the per-built toy boxes, load the second one down the launch toy box. After it loads make your way over to the far right corner mountain. This is the tall mountain that sits above the race track that dynamically appears by the car on the hill. On top of that mountain is a green container with one free spin. Each time this toy box loads the green container reappears. If you have the dumbo disc, you can hop on dumbo keep pressing x (wii u) to turbo over to the mounting in a few seconds. Once you have the free spin, press the pause menu and choose reset. This will start you figure at the loading point,walk to the red corner and select load, load the same launch toy box and zoom over again to pick up the free spin. Repeat as many times as you like.

Using fans to level up your figure is well known as well, load a couple of fans next to each other. Load the stunt buggy, get in and jump on to the fans. Easiest way his to slow move forward until your just touching the fans. Now with out moving just jump, should be enough to have you just floating in midair. Now perform a few different stunts, then loop a rubber band around the right stick and have car just roll for about 45 minutes while you do something else. Now this is the important bit, remove the rubber band and do a few more different stunts, then land you should max out at 15. Getting a spin for each new level and a gold statue. The important part is the different stunts before you land, these are multipliers and level you up quicker.

Harry
harrypottar
Main Console: Xbox One
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Postby J03Y » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:16 pm

i'm surprised no one has mentioned this, but anyway if you're really bent on getting spins, there IS a cheat (which i haven't done because it is a cheat) mentioned on someone's YouTube video where you leave one capsule in the starting toy box free, place a teleporter there and where you are, use it to get to the capsule, save that world beforehand, and then nabbing the free spin. then reload that very world you had saved and you have a source of free spins. essentially what i got from that is just don't save that toy box world AFTER you've gotten all the spin capsules. technically that's not a cheat but i just never wanted to do it, at least not until i'm desperate and i'm not.

again, it's a cheat and i don't recommend it. there are other ways of getting spins like completing mastery adventures and playset missions (which can get you up to 200 sparks and can level you up very quickly)

rank_100
J03Y

Postby KillingRaptor » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:32 pm

The first thing I got with spins was the Rhino guard from Robin Hood. I refuse to believe that's a coincidence! :lol:
"Rob? Tsk tsk tsk. That's a naughty word. We never rob. We just sort of borrow a bit from those who can afford it." - Robin Hood

My Videogame Collection

rank_1000
KillingRaptor
Disney ID:
Steam:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity gameplay related general discussions