Here's how Infinity is different from Sklyanders!

any gameplay related general discussions that are not questions or help go in this forum

Here's how Infinity is different from Sklyanders!

Postby FelixBrownSLC » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:37 am

Here's an interesting gameplay demo that gives a closer look at just how different these two games really are, with Disney Interactive producer, John Day:

http://kotaku.com/5983796/heres-how-dis ... t=57338554

What do you think?
DISCLAIMER: posts do not necessarily reflect the opinions of my employer.

Mickey
FelixBrownSLC
Main Console: PS4

Re: Here's how Infinity is different from Sklyanders!

Postby Old9 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:41 am

There's a big difference between a simple dungeon crawler (Skylanders) and an expansive create-your-own adventure game (Disney Infinity). I thought the first Skylanders game was fun, but it burned out after a short while because once I beat the game, there wasn't much else to do. If Disney Infinity is exactly what was promised to us, we shouldn't have to worry about running out of things to do in the game. Which is why I am most excited for it!

rank_100
Old9
Main Console: Xbox 360

Postby toops » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:06 am

software wise there are almost zero comparisons between the two. but hardware wise if you introduce someone to infinity with this

it's impossible to not draw the comparison to skylanders unless the person had never heard of skylanders. at this early stage of introducing the game to the public this is going to be how people identify it, but once it gets closer to release and marketing starts to happen for people that don't hunt down details for this game then it will start to separate itself

rank_deputy_etch
toops
Main Console: PS3

Postby Doodley » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:29 am

It does beg to question...why even do the toys figure aspect at all? You guys know the game at Walt Disney World, Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom? They could've made a card scanner-like device and allow playability through that. When they decided to go the "toys come to life" they were asking for all this Skylander comparision.
Not that I'm complaining, though. These toys are cool and will be fun to collect, albeit kind of pricey.
Doodley

Postby FelixBrownSLC » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:37 am

"When they decided to go the "toys come to life" they were asking for all this Skylander comparison."

Totally agree.

At the same time, it made sense that Infinity was going to be a game about "virtual toys" and that it would attract the kid in all of us, Avalanche realized actual toys would be a great compliment to this theme.
DISCLAIMER: posts do not necessarily reflect the opinions of my employer.

Mickey
FelixBrownSLC
Main Console: PS4

Postby Mr Penguin Knight » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:50 am

"Disney Infinity is not going to be the only thing Disney Interactive does." - John Day

My question to that is "Why not?" Apart from the efforts of Avalanche, video games of movies have a reputation of being very bad. Why would they carry on making them when children would prefer to have the characters in Infinity?

Unless of course he is referring to other franchises that Disney now own, ie Lucas Arts.

Decent video nonetheless.
MPK for short.

UK Retail Releases: 2.0 Edition, 3.0 Edition

rank_deputy_lenny
Mr Penguin Knight
Main Console: Wii U

Postby mutatedjellyfish » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:23 pm

I imagine he is referring to DI's continuing comments that they are going to more further explore the mobile and online space ala Where's My Water and Club Penguin/Pixie Hollow.
DISCLAIMER: posts do not reflect the opinions of my employer.

Mickey
mutatedjellyfish

Postby Doodley » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:12 pm

Doodley

Return to Disney Infinity gameplay related general discussions